On 25th January 2002 an agreement was entered into with "ARCHITECTURE STUDIO", an architecture office registered in Paris to draw a conceptual design of a cultural centre called “The House of Letters and Arts”, following an international call to prospective tenderers for the conceptual design of the Project.
The Project was launched in Autumn 2002 and it is expected to cost approximately € 50 million in addition to the cost of the land.
The height of the building will be 27m. with a total area of 18,000 sq.m., consisting of the following:
- A large amphitheatre with seats for approximately 1,000 spectators and a stage for a symphonic orchestra, theatrical performances, opera, dance, cinema, lectures, conferences of high standards, etc.
- One hall with 300 seats for smaller musical, theatrical or dance performances, lectures, special audiovisual projections (multimedia, virtual reality), conferences of high standards, etc.
- A 1,000 sq.m floor approximately for art exhibitions
- An electronic library
- A professional recording studio
- A restaurant with an open-air area for cultural events able to seat 200 people approximately
- Auxiliary rooms and reception halls
- Underground storeroom and garages for the users